Tired of chemical-laden cleaners that harm both your health and the environment? It’s time to switch to a natural and eco-friendly alternative – homemade orange peel vinegar cleaner. This powerful concoction combines the cleaning prowess of white vinegar with the refreshing scent and antibacterial properties of orange peels. Say goodbye to stubborn stains and unpleasant odors with this simple yet effective solution.
Ingredients and Equipment:
4 cups of white vinegar Orange peels 1 glass jar 1 spray bottle Essential oil of your choice (eucalyptus, mint, lavender, rosemary, etc.)
- Gather your orange peels and cut them into small pieces. Place the peels in a glass jar until it’s filled.
- Optionally, add a few drops of your preferred essential oil to enhance the fragrance of the cleaner.
- Pour white vinegar into the jar, covering the orange peels completely. Seal the jar tightly.
- Store the jar in the refrigerator for two weeks to allow the orange peels to infuse their scent and cleaning properties into the vinegar.
- After two weeks, strain the mixture to remove the orange peels, transferring the infused vinegar into an airtight container.
- Dilute the orange peel vinegar cleaner by mixing equal parts of water and vinegar in a glass spray bottle. Shake well to combine.
- Floor Cleaning: Dilute 1/4 cup of the vinegar cleaner in 1 liter of water to scrub floors. For tough stains, increase the amount of cleaner. Wipe with a fiber cloth to dry thoroughly.
- Carpet Stain Removal: Spray the cleaner directly onto stained areas of carpets and let it sit for 10 minutes. Use a sponge to scrub the stain, then wipe with a damp cloth soaked in warm water to remove dirt.
- Stainless Steel Surfaces: Spray the cleaner onto stainless steel surfaces and wipe with a cloth soaked in warm water. Dry with a dry cloth to finish.
- Bathroom Tile Cleaning: Spray the cleaner onto bathroom tiles and allow it to sit to disintegrate soap scum, mold, and dirt. Wipe with a damp cloth to remove residue.
Note: Avoid using the cleaner on marble, quartz, or granite surfaces, as the acidity of vinegar may damage the sealant.
Harness the natural cleaning power of citrus and vinegar with this homemade orange peel cleaner. Not only is it effective in tackling dirt and stains, but it also leaves behind a fresh, citrusy scent. Make the switch to eco-friendly cleaning solutions and enjoy a cleaner, healthier home environment for you and your family.