- 1 ribeye steak
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed with peel
- Prepare the Steak: Take the steak out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature. This ensures even cooking.
- Season the Steak: Generously season the steak on both sides with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, ensuring even coverage.
- Heat the Pan: Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. If cooking multiple steaks, ensure the pan is large enough to accommodate them comfortably.
- Cook the Steak: Place the steak in the hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on the desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature: 50°C for rare, 60°C for medium, and 70°C for well-done.
- Add Garlic Herb Butter: After flipping the steak for the first time, add the butter, thyme sprigs, and mashed garlic to the pan. Tilt the pan towards you and baste the steak with the melted butter for 1 minute, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Rest the Steak: Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier steak.
- Slice and Serve: After resting, slice the steak against the grain, season with additional salt and pepper if desired, and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Enjoy your flavorful ribeye steak with garlic herb butter!
(Note: Avoid using aluminum foil when cooking steak as it can affect the flavor , texture of the meat and is toxic.)